Sec. 18-178. - R-15, Residential District.
(a) Purpose. This district is established for low density residential development and other compatible uses. Recognition of the existing residential development pattern located within the city and on its fringes creates a need for this district to preserve the character of these established neighborhoods and protect their associated property values. Land uses considered harmful to the health, safety and welfare of district residents shall be prohibited from infringing upon the livability of the residential areas within the district.
(b) Uses permitted by right. The following uses are permitted by right in the R-15 District, provided that they meet all requirements of this section and all other applicable requirements established in these regulations:
(1) Single-family, detached.
(3) Golf courses, private or public, with related services, including pro shop.
(4) Municipal parks and recreation areas.
(5) Recreation facilities, neighborhood.
(c) Uses permitted under prescribed conditions. The following uses are permitted provided that they meet all requirements of this section, Article 6, and all other applicable requirements established in these regulations:
(1) Government uses outside public rights-of-way, except offices.
(2) Group home supportive, small.
(3) Group home supportive, medium.
(5) Religious institutions.
(6) Telecommunication facility, unattended.
(7) Utility stations and plants outside public rights-of-way (public and private) including lift stations, substations, pump stations.
(9) Property-restricted real estate sales office.
(10) Family care home.
(d) Permitted by special use permit. The following uses are permitted subject to the issuance of a special use permit and provided that they meet all requirements of this section, Article 6, and all other applicable requirements established in these regulations.
(1) Community center.
(2) Daycare, adult or child.
(3) Recreation facilities, private.
(4) Planned unit development residential.
(5) Schools, primary and secondary.
(6) Single-family courtyard developments.
(e) Permitted accessory uses and structures. Accessory uses and structures clearly incidental and subordinate to the principal use and structures including the following uses, are permitted provided that they meet all requirements of this section, the requirements of Article 6 and all other applicable requirements established in these regulations:
(1) Accessory apartment, attached.
(2) Accessory apartment, detached.
(3) Community boating facility.
(4) Home occupation.
(5) Kennel, private.
(6) Swimming pool.
(f) Development standards. All uses and structures permitted in the district shall meet the applicable development standards established in this section and all other applicable requirements of these regulations.
(1) Dimensional requirements:
a. Minimum lot area (square feet): 15,000 (a) .
c. Minimum lot width (feet): 80.
d. Maximum lot coverage (%): 50%.
e. Minimum front setback (feet): 30.
f. Minimum rear setback (feet): 25.
g. Minimum interior side setback (feet): 10.
h. Minimum corner lot side setback (feet): 15.
i. Maximum height (feet): 35.
(a) Minimum lot area per housing unit.
(Ord. No. O-2006-2, § 2, 1-3-06; Ord. No. O-2008-25, 4-8-08; Ord. No. O-2010-75, §§ 3, 4, 10-5-10; Ord. No. O-2015-69, § 2, 9-1-15)